Sunday, October 14, 2012

WE HAVE LIFT OFF.




We love all our kids this much

Well after months of talking about, drinking to it and making every conceivable gadget I could think of we have hit the road. It was very teary for many people and Ben was scared I was going to hug him, so I did. Saying goodbye to our kids and grand kids was very hard especially after spending the last 4 weeks or so living together.

Our first stop is Wooli and when we arrived here both Trice and I were strangely flat but I think it was all the emotion on leaving, excitement mixed with trepidation and sadness. We both slept 12 hours on our first night but after a week or so I am sure we will be in the groove and will start to loosen up a bit. we have spent our first day going for a drive to Ulmarra to have a coffee and lunch in the Ulmarra pub on the Clarence River, came home to do my assignment for my continuing education for the marriage celebrancy and start the blog. I promise to lighten up and give you an insight of our travels.


This is the view from our caravan.

As our hair is going to be an issue while we are on the road, Trice went to hairdresser and I had to go along as well to learn how to apply colour. This is a photo of how it is supposed to look, I will keep you posted as to when I will apply my handy work.

And this is a photo of Trice's handy work on my head, she has done a great job and I just hope she can repeat this for the wedding......

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mike & Trice...

    And so the mighty adventure kicks off. Glad to see that Trice has settled into Happy Hour well, although 11.00am in the morning is just a tad early for most. I was saddened to learn that she had coupled up with a very 'grey headed grumpy old man' to accompany her on this part of the journey. I hope that old 'gadget Mike' returns shortly for some of the upcoming blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11.00am ???? no, that photo was taken at dinner time!

    ReplyDelete