Friday, March 22, 2013

Preparing For Our Trip to Brisbane 7th - 25th February 2013

Perth to Brisbane and Back Again


It is the day before we fly to Brisbane to surprise the kids, we have been planning this for weeks without telling anyone, I was busting but I am now known as “The Vault” unlike Johnnie Costello.

 

Trice got me to colour her hair once again, not getting bad at this stuff.

 

We headed off to the airport for our midnight flight, now that I am not a member of the Qantas club we are stuck sitting around a cafe drinking coffee and talking to people. We did meet one fellow who has invited us to join him in Perth when he goes out to the aboriginal communities, he is a negotiator. It would be a great opportunity to see what life is really like so we will have to see what we can co-ordinate.

 

Flying into Brisbane after not sleeping all night from a combination of being cramped and excited what going to be a task. We had only taken on hand luggage so we could get a quick get away from the airport as we were landing at 7.30 and wanted to be at home before the kids left for school.

 

We caught a cab and got him to drop us off at the bottom of the driveway and off we went up the 200 metres of driveway. Two weary passengers with backpacks on sneaking up to the house hoping not to be seen. There was strange car in the driveway so I got Trice to wait and I was going to creep up to the door and ring the doorbell. I was almost there when I remembered that the door is still broken from the break in so spun around to go down the side. Unbeknown to me was that the visitor was Tess a friend of Michelle and they were on the deck at the back talking, Michelle with her back to the front and Tes seeing these strange people creeping around the house. Tess panicked as she thought we were burglers. Michelle spun around and saw Trice’s hair, realizing who it was, came screaming and crying around the house, this was the start of a beautiful 2 weeks.

 

It didn’t take long for me to hurt myself. I was on the trampoline showing the kids how much of an expert I was. Cohen was trying to bounce onto his back and back onto his feet. Let Poppy show you how it is done, famous last words.

I bounced too far back causing me to bite my bottom lip with my eye teeth instantly becoming a vampire look-a-like.

Between setting up to surprise people, Teneal finding us hiding in the laundry, Jeff just going into a state of shock, Shell Noonan thinking that our Shell was an expert in Photo shop when a photo was messaged to her. Even Sam had a tear in his eye. We painted, gardened, had a few drinks, fixed things participated in ther lead up to Coop's birthday and generally just enjoyed being with the family for 2 weeks.


 

Flying out was very sad but we had an adventure to finish so we flew out ready to hit Perth at midnight Perth time.

 

We were very fortunate to find out about the 7th Day Adventist Church camp ground in Perth, were able to leave the van on power and car in a secure area for $6.50 a day, pretty cheap parking if you ask me.

Perth may be on the water but the sign doesn't paint a very good picture. It was very windy and the wind surfers were having a great time.

After a good night sleep we went to our nephew’s house for lunch, Luke and Benny were perfect hosts and it was great to be able to catch up with Trice’s sister Gail who had also flown in from Brisbane.
We had a HUGE lunch and a very enjoyable visit and were heading back to camp when we received a call from our favourite camp host Milly.


Milly wanted to know if she could give us a tour of Perth that night so off we went.
I have never heard someone talk continuously for 5 hours. Milly was fantastic once again, we got to see many aspects of Perth and the party area of Fremantle.

It has been a very long time since I have gone into areas like this and I was amazed at what girls now 'almost wear' when they go out, doesn’t leave much to the imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment