Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trip from Emerald to Longreach

Well I would say that we are seeing the country in it's finest clothing, it is absolutely beautiful. The contrast in colours from the lush green of the trees and grasses to the starkness of the burnt black tree trunks. We landed in Longreach late afternoon after having lunch and a look around in Jericho. I learnt all about the Israelites blowing their trumpets but I never found out if they managed to blow the walls down. Off to the tree of knowledge and you may notice that I am writing with much more passion and knowledge or is that the beers I have been drinking? Bloody tree, 8 Million dollars to build a memorial, I thought that Barcaldine originally had 36 pubs was a greater feat. It appeared that the angry shearers had a field day burning down all and sundry. Now just to sit back and enjoy the peace and serenity of the Discovery caravan park with a few beers. We are here for 2 days and will have a good look around.

1 comment:

  1. Oh common! Couldn't you feel the love from the Labor Party right there where you were standing under the new tree. It stirred me. The old one was obviously desecrated by Liberal voters!!! love Shelley.

    ReplyDelete